The Huawei Mate 20 X 5G has the same 7.2″ Samsung OLED display, the same triple rear camera setup (meaning, it’s the same as the Huawei Mate 20 Pro), the same exterior design, the same ports, the same Kirin 980 SoC, the same fingerprint scanner, and more. With the inclusion of Huawei’s Balong 5000 5G modem, some additional space was needed to make room for the new modem and antennas.
The battery is now smaller when compared to the 5,000 mAh cell included in the 4G Mate 20 X—it’s now a smaller 4,200 mAh battery. To make up for this deficit, however, the 5G model also adds support for 40W SuperCharge 2.0 support. The Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS, Honor Magic 2, and Huawei P30 Pro are the only other Huawei and Honor-branded devices with 40W fast charging.
Huawei Mate 20 X 5G Version Specs
- Hisilicon Kirin 980 (7nm FinFet)
- 7.2 inches, 1080 x 2244 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version), DCI-P3, HDR10
- Android 9.0 (Pie); EMUI 9.1
Storage and RAM
- 256 GB, 8 GB RAM, NM (Nano-Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- 40 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF/Laser AF,
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), 1/4″, PDAF/Laser AF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 20 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.7″, PDAF/Laser AF
- [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] (gyro-EIS), [email protected]
- 24 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), HDR,
- [email protected]
- Non-removable Li-Po 4200 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 40W
- About 900 EUR