Recently leak dev build 21996.1 Windows 11 comes with a new design and system sound, but you can disable the feature startup sound and make it silent like Windows 10.
In this guide drive you step by step how to disable Windows 11 Startup Sound.
How to Disable Windows 11 Startup Sound?
- Open Settings on Windows 11
- Click on Personalization
- Click on Themes
- In the below of Themes section, Click on the Sounds option
- Now click on Sounds section
- Uncheck/untick the “Play Windows Startup Sound“
- Click on Apply button
- And now Click on OK button.
That’s it now you can restart your Desktop or Laptop and now there are no startup sound in windows 11.
- Press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog, and enter
gpedit.mscinto the Run box.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor app, browse the left pane to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon.
- Double click the Turn off Windows Startup sound option on the right.
- Select Enabled to activate the policy and turn off the sound for all users.
- If you set it to Disabled, it will force enable the sound for all users.
- Finally, Not configured will allow the user to configure the sound using method #1. This is the default option.
If you want to enable windows 11 startup sound, just follow the upper instruction to re-enable Windows 11 startup sound.