How To Root Moto G7 is finally arrived, Here is the complete guide for how to install TWRP on Moto G7. Twrp is the main tool for rooting your device this the main thing that all developer consider. Twrp is the best open-source custom recovery in worldwide use TWRP recovery helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even back up and restore any ROM. How To Root Moto G7
- 1 What is TWRP?
- 2 How To Root Motorola Moto G7 Install TWRP
- 3 Pre-Requisite:
- 4 How to setup TWRP Boot Image On moto G7 & G7 Plus.
What is TWRP?
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project. It is the first touch-based and open-source custom recovery for Android. TWRP was intended to compete with Clockworkmod Recovery, which was the best available at the time
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Moto G7 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Moto G7
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
How To Root Motorola Moto G7 Install TWRP
Remember this guide is only for Moto G7 so don’t try this recovery image file on other devices. Before you start the process I would like to request you again please read this whole tutorial again and again, And download all necessary things we are put down below.
Download TWRP Image
Download Latest Version SuperSu
Download Magisk Zip & Magisk apk
SeeMore: Gcam for Moto G7 Plus
- This Guide is to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G7
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Moto G7.
- You need either Laptop or PC.
- Download Chainfire Super SU.zip
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Install the Latest Moto USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool for windows || For Mac: || For Full ADB Setup
Do make sure you have followed and download all the necessary thing.
Steps For How to Flash TWRP Recovery On Any Android Phone
- Enable USB Debugging
- To Enable USB Debugging, First of all, You need to activate Developer Option on your smartphone.
- To activate, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable.
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – To reboot, type the following command from below in your Command window that you opened
- Your device will boot into bootloader, If it doesn’t boot, then please make sure your cable and usb drivers have been installed properly.
- Now type the below command on your command window.
- To flash the recovery, Type the command. (Please make sure the name of TWRP image, if you renamed it to recovery.img, then after the flash recovery, type recovery.img
How to setup TWRP Boot Image On moto G7 & G7 Plus.
- First, let’s begin by booting our phone into fastboot mode.
- To boot into fastboot, press and hold the Power button + Volume Down Keys for sometimes.
- Now connect your device to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- If you’ve not downloaded, download the patched image file and
- Move that file into the ADB folder on PC.
- While you are in the ADB folder, press right-clicks + shift key in the empty space. You will see the below dialog box popping up.
- Click on Open Powershell Window here. Basically, the command prompt opens up upon clicking.
- Now type the following command and press enter
- This command will return a device ID to confirm your device is connected properly.
- This is an important step. Type the exact command without quotes
- Below command,
nameofimgis the file name of the patched boot image
fastboot flash boot <filename>.img
- Step 4 – Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.Step 5 – Type in the following command and press Enter.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 6 – Wait for your phone to boot into bootloader mode. You can boot your phone in bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power key.
Step 7 – Once your phone is in bootloader mode, type in the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
That’s it! the TWRP recovery is now installed on your Realme 2 Pro. You can enter Recovery Mode (TWRP recovery) by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power keys together.
- So, that’s it. Now that you have rooted your Moto G7 and G7 Plus, you can try this out. If you have any queries regarding this, do let us know.