A few weeks ago launched Google their premium smartphone Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro. If you’re planning to get new Pixel 6 series phone and it purchased from outside your region and then you have to unlock pixel 6 series phone to use this phone. You can check this guide to Unlock SIM on Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro easily.
In this guide how to lock and unlock if you’re using T-Mobile Google pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro. The T-Mobile devices comes with carrier lock. So you have to unlock it use your current region SIM card.
How to Unlock SIM on Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro
1. Master Reset from Settings
First of all, you’ll need to perform a factory reset on your T-Mobile Pixel 6/6 Pro device by following the steps below. A master reset (factory reset) basically restores the device system and configuration to its original factory settings.
Make sure you have a backup of your current device.
- Now, go to the Settings menu on your Pixel 6 series. [You can also swipe up from the home screen to view your apps]
- Once you’re on the Settings app, tap on System > Go to Reset options.
- Tap on Erase all data (factory reset) > Select Erase all data.
- If prompted, make sure to enter your PIN or Password that you use to unlock the screen.
- Now, tap on Erase all data > If prompted, confirm the task.
- Finally, the device will reboot, and start resetting to factory settings.
- It may take some time and automatically boot into the system again.
2. Bypass Activation without Wi-Fi or SIM
Once the device boots into the system, make sure to skip the initial setup process and don’t insert the SIM. Also, don’t connect to Wi-Fi as of now until you unlocked the SIM carrier lock. [It’s important]
- You’ll require a computer and a USB cable.
- Charge the device battery sufficiently.
- Install the Android USB Driver on the PC.
- Install Android SDK Platform Tools on the PC.
- You’ll need to enable USB Debugging on your Pixel 6/6 Pro as well.
4. Enable ADB and Fastboot (Platform Tools)
- First of all, you’ll have to extract (unzip) the download Platform Tools file on the PC.
- Then go to the extracted Platform Tools folder > Next, click on the address bar inside the folder.
- Type cmd and hit Enter to open Command Prompt.
- Now, make sure to connect your T-Mobile Google Pixel 6/6 Pro device to the PC using a USB cable.
- Once the device is connected, run the following command on the command prompt window:
- Next, make sure to simply authorize the USB Debugging prompt on your phone (if appears).
- If your device is properly connected in the adb mode, a device ID will appear on the command prompt. [If not, just reinstall the Android USB Driver on the PC and try performing the steps again]
- Now, it’s time to execute the following command on the command prompt window:
- Now, make sure to execute the following command to easily unlock the carrier-locked SIM on your Google Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro:
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig
- Once done, unplug the USB cable from the device, and restart the phone to apply changes.
- Enjoy! Now, your so-called T-Mobile Google Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro is not a specific T-Mobile carrier-locked device anymore. That means you can simply insert any carrier SIM on the device depending on the region or location and start using the cellular service right away.