Like any other Android device, Xiaomi devices are designed to receive software updates over the air (OTA), but that’s not the only way you can install a new software update on your phone. You can download the full firmware and you can install the firmware on offline mode this is pretty easy to do the job. If you don’t know how to do that stay with us for know How to download and install Redmi 8A MIUI 11 Fastboot ROM Download
Overview of Redmi 8A
he phone comes with a 6.22-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1520 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19:9. Redmi 8A is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor. It comes with 2GB of RAM. The Redmi 8A runs Android 9 Pie and is powered by a 5000mAh battery.
Download OTA ROM
Download OTA firmware
Download Recovery firmware
Check more: MIUI 11 Beta Download For Xiaomi Phones
- Download the recovery update file from the table above.
- Transfer the update file to your Xiaomi device if you downloaded it on PC.
- Open the Settings app, and tap on About phone.
- Tap on System update.
- Tap on 3-dot menu button in the top right.
- Tap on Choose update package.
- Browse and select the update file you downloaded above.
- The system will verify the update and install it automatically. When it asks for confirmation, do confirm to allow installation.
How to install an update using Fastboot mode on any Xiaomi devices
For installing fastboot ROM using fast boot mode you required pc and your device should be unlocked.
- Download and install MIUI ROM Flashing Tool.
- Select your MIUI ROM version link in above, do make sure to check if the suffix of the ROM file is .tgz. If not, rename it to .tgz.
- Turn off your mobile and put your phone into fastboot mode by press and hold the Volume up + power button together.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Double click on the downloaded ROM file and decompress it.
- Open the file folder for the decompressed package and copy its path on your computer.
- Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 1.
- Double click on it to install on your PC.
- When the installation is done, open MiFlash.exe
- In its address bar, paste the folder path of the ROM file copied in Step 5.
- Click on the yellow circled-out button to refresh and MiFlash will automatically recognize your device.
- Click the red circled-out button to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Sit back and watch the progress bar inside MiFlash turn fully green, implying that the new system update has been successfully installed on your device.
Now you have successfully upgraded your phone with the new software version.
Last Updated on November 8, 2019 by Manjoy Haldar