You know that Photo app is now default image viewer in Windows 10 and some users create and export videos with it. But sill now you may face this issue Microsoft Photos display an error 0x887A0005 it’s happen when someone try to export videos. In this article walk you through how to fix photo error code 0x887A0005 in Windows 10.
It happen when some users click the Finish Video button, Photos displays error. “Update your drivers to export video… We encountered an issue with your video drivers and are unable to export video… Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x887A000.”
How to Fix Error Code 0x887A0005 in Windows 10?
You can update the graphics driver. The 0x887A0005 error message says the app encountered an issue with video drivers. Thus, updating your PC’s drivers to export video is a likely remedy.
Constantly checking for driver updates is time consuming. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that will safely check for new updates and apply them with ease, and that’s why we strongly recommend DriverFix.Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
2. Reset Photos App
- Open Windows Settings – Search “Apps & Features” – Photos
- Then click Advanced options to open the Reset button.
- Press the Reset button there.
- Click Reset again on the confirmation prompt that appears.
- Note that you can also press a Repair button there. If resetting Microsoft Photos doesn’t do the trick, try clicking the Repair option as well.
3. Reinstall Photos
- Open the search box by clicking its taskbar button.
- To find the Command Prompt, input cmd in the search utility.
- Open an elevated Command Prompt by clicking its Run as administrator option on the right side of Windows 10’s search tool.
- Next, type this text into the Command Prompt:
get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
- Press the Return key to uninstall Photos with the entered command.
- Restart your laptop or desktop after uninstalling Photos.
- Open the Microsoft Photos app page in your browser.
- Click the Get button on the Photos app page.
- Then select the Open Microsoft Store option.
- Press the Get button in MS Store to install Photos.